A Musical Theatre by Alain Platel. For years, the tension between the group and the individual has been the central theme in Platel’s performances. In C(H)OEURS, so far his biggest project, he examines – together with his dancers and the Teatro Real choir – how ‘dangerously beautiful’ a group can be. What is the relation between the progressive 19th-century nationalism of Verdi and Wagner and the increasing current tendency of nations to cut themselves off? Platel questions the emotions originated by the assemblage of individuals and groups, he reflects about the dynamic of collective movements and about the public and the individual dimensions. Platel creates an opera with magnificent choral scenes featuring more than 80 singers, dancers and musicians. It was premiered on March, the 12th 2012 at the Teatro Real Madrid.
- Theatre Company
- Teatro Real Madrid
- Parental rating
- Parental rating information not available.
- 100 minutes
- In theaters
- Category / Genre
- Alain Platel
- Marc Piollet/Chorus master: Andrés Máspero
- Choir & Orchestra of the Teatro Real Madrid
- Consuelo Garres (soloist)
- Les ballets C de la B
- Winner "Best Live Performance Relay", dancescreen 2013, San Francisco Dance Film Festival
- Teatro Real - Madrid - Spain