Teatro Real: W.A. Mozart: Così Fan Tutte
After his exploration of the institution of marriage and the paths of desire, denominating Don Giovanni il dissoluto punito, Mozart shows us that the school of love is both a heavenly and bitter path at the same time. But we can find his liberal and humanist views on love in the letter to his wife, written at a time when she was waving an affair with his student, and in the texts of the lovers in his operas: we can only live if we are aware of the complexity of the relationship between desire and love, as described by Octavio Paz in La Ilanma doble. An ideal topic for multi-awarded filmmaker and director Michael Haneke, whose Palme d’Or and Golden Globe winner Amour has just won the Oscar in the category “Foreign Language Film”. Haneke returns to opera to premiere his production at the Teatro Real in the 2012/2013 season. New production of the Teatro Real in co-production with Théâtre La Monnaie / De Munt of Brussels.
- Theatre Company
- Teatro Real in co-production with Théâtre La Monnaie / De Munt of Brussels
- Parental rating
- Parental rating information not available.
- 202 minutes
- Original language
- In theaters
- Category / Genre
- Written by
- Lorenzo da Ponte
- Musical director
- Sylvain Cambreling/Chorus Master: Andrés Máspero
- Anett Fritsch, Paola Gardina, Juan Francisco Gatell, Andreas Wolf, Kerstin Avemo, William Shimell
- Teatro Real - Madrid - Spain