Sorry, this video is not available now. Coming soon. Return to the play catalogue.
Adapted especially for video and filmed on location, DV8’s Enter Achilles is unsettling, powerful stuff. Charting dangerous emotional ground in movement that is both innovative and revealing, Lloyd Newson’s dance theatre work explores masculinity. It is set in a shabby British pub, a testosterone-laden place where manliness is impregnable. Pint glasses permanently in hand, eight men lark around, joke crudely, and display their unanimity. But, beneath the bonhomie, there is a disturbing undercurrent of paranoia and insecurity.
- Theatre Company
- DV8 Physical Theatre
- Parental rating
- Parental rating information not available.
- 47 min
- In theaters
- Category / Genre
- Clara van Gool
- Adapted for the screen by Lloyd Newson and Clara van Gool
- Adrian Johnston
- Gabriel Castillo, Jordi Cortes Molina, Juan Kruz Diaz de Garaio Esnaola, David Emanuel, Ross Hounslow, Jeremy James, Liam Steel, Robert Tannion
- Emmy Award 1997, Performing Arts, New York
- Vienna Festwochen - Austria