Sorry, this video is not available now. Coming soon. Return to the play catalogue.
The Prague Ballet Gala
The Prague Ballet Gala is an exclusive dance event with some of the leading ballet stars of our time, recorded at the beautiful Prague State Opera. Outstanding Dancers from Europe, North America, and Asia present their favorite classical and modern pieces from choreographers like George Balanchine, Marius Petipa, José Limón up to John Neumeier.
- Theatre Company
- l'Opéra Nationale de Prague
- Parental rating
- Parental rating information not available.
- 90 min
- In theaters
- Category / Genre
- George Balanchine, José Limón, Kenneth MacMillan, Marius Petipa, Julien Lestel, Pierre Lacotte, Ben van Cauwenbergh, Stephan Thoss, and others
- Polina Semionova, Igor Zelensky, Charles Jude, Stéphanie Roublout, Jean Jacques Herment, Viviana Franciosi, Daniil Simkin, Dmitri Simkin, Marek Tuma, Maria Alexandrova, Sergey Filine, Delphine Baey, Natalia Hoffmann, Altin Kaftira
- Prague State Opera - Czech Republic
You Might Also Like
Coppelia is the most classic of the French Ballets. Created in 1870 at the Opera de Paris, it fed on the evolution of the society and on the choregrapher's imagination. Here is a "sparkling" version modernized and pacey. The action takes place in the America of Fred Astaire, Gene Kelly and Jérôme Robbins. Style and spirit of the musicals of Broadway, Hollywood fantasy... and 40 dancers!
Kirov Classics – Paquita
This first-ever studio recording of the world-famous Kirov Ballet, made by the award-winning director Thomas Grimm at the Danmarks Radio Århus Dance Studio, showcases highlights from their repertoire, both classic and contemporary.
Choreography by Charles Jude after Jean Coralli and Jules Perrot Libretto by Théophile Gautier and Jules-Henri Vernoy de Saint-Georges after Heinrich Heine. The ballet tells the story of a lovely peasant girl named Giselle who has a passion for dancing, and when she finds out the man she loves is engaged to someone else she dies of a broken heart.