Teatro Real: Philip Glass: The Perfect American
At the age of 75, one of the leading figures on the 20th century music, Philip Glass, is composing a new work for the Teatro Real. "The Perfect American", imagining the final months of the life of Walt Disney - the person who has, more than any other, influenced the current world of consumers. Children nowadays only see mices and ducks as Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck, thanks to the image invented for them by Walt Disney factory. In opposition to the world of happiness he devised, the existence of this perfect American was marked by an unhappy youth and a personality whose “political correctness” outdid that of even Richard Nixon. From the hand of Dennis Russell Davies, who has conducted almost all the premieres of Glass’s operas, and the stage director Phelim McDermott, we will be penetrating into the nightmare of a happy world. World Premiere, commission of the Teatro Real De Madrid and English National Opera of London.
- Theatre Company
- Teatro Real De Madrid and English National Opera of London
- Parental rating
- Parental rating information not available.
- Original language
- In theaters
- Category / Genre
- János Darvas
- Written by
- Rudy Wurlitzer based on Peter Stephan Jungk’s work
- Philip Glass/Orchestra & Choir of the Teatro Real Madrid
- Dennis Russell Davies/Chorus Master: Andrés Máspero
- Stage Director: Phelim McDermott
- Teatro Real - Madrid - Spain