In 1924, Richard Strauss wrote »Schlagobers« (Austrian for »Schlagsahne«) with his ballet - a balletesque orgy of cream from the empire's heyday, transferred with much pleasure to present day, by Ballet Director Karl Alfred Schreiner with his ensemble. The musical direction is in the hands of Principal Conductor Marco Comin. Sweets are a wonderful thing! A tantalizing tingle on the lip, a delicate melting on the tongue, a fantastic explosion of taste on the palate. Hardly having swallowed, I can sense feelings of lightness and well-being take possession of me. I feel strong, powerful, and... happy! A childhood dream to spend the whole day in a candyland paradise - feasting without restriction, bathing in whipped cream, dancing wildly with seductive pralines, brightly-colored hard candy and all its companions... Sweet makes me happy! Right?
- Theatre Company
- Parental rating
- Parental rating information not available.
- Original language
- In theaters
- Category / Genre
- Conducted by Marco Comin/Stage: Kaspar Glarner and Marco Brehme
- Choreography: Karl Alfred Schreiner/Dramaturgy: Michael Otto
- Richard Strauss
- Javier Ubell, Marta Jaén, Francesco Annarumma, Alessio Attanasio, Davide Di Giovanni, Alfonso Fernández, Giovanni Insaudo, Neel Jansen, Russell Lepley, Ariella Casu, Rita Barão Soares, Isabella Pirondi, Roberta Pisu, Sandra Salietti, Anna Calvo, Matteo Carvone, Graciela Martínez, Verónica Segovia
- Reithalle München (Riding Hall), Staatstheater am Gärtnerplatz (State Theatre at Gärtnerplatz) - Munich - Germany